WGM e.V. represented again this year with a joint stand at ALUMINIUM 2018
The “Wirtschaftsverband Großhandel Metallhalbzeug e.V.” (WGM) is a trade association and the largest knowledge network of the non-ferrous metal semis trade in Europe. Trading companies are full members of the WGM, semi-finished product plants are supporting members.
The WGM offers its member companies access to an active network and a range of services. The main goal of the WGM is to support the member companies in such a way that they can operate more successfully.
The services of the WGM can be divided into five business areas:
- information and consulting: The WGM provides information on industry-relevant topics, answers individual questions and consults its members. The WGM therefore offers a basis for successful action.
- development and implementation of industry projects: More can be achieved together!
- further education: The WGM further training programme is specially adapted to the non-ferrous metal semis trade and supports member companies and their employees in their further development.
- representation of interests: WGM represents the interests of the non-ferrous metal semis trade vis-à-vis legislators, non-governmental organisations and national and international institutions.
- business network: Communication with decision-makers and experts in the industry offers many opportunities. WGM events such as the regional spring meetings, the general meeting and the non-ferrous metal trading day are important institutions of this business network.
At ALUMINIUM 2018, WGM will once again be represented with a joint pavilion. Exhibitors are the WGM member companies KASTENS & KNAUER GmbH & Co. INTERNATIONAL KG, MECU-Metallhalbzeug GmbH & Co. KG, Voß Edelstahlhandel GmbH und Co KG and Weinmann Aach AG.
The lounge of the WGM pavilion will once again be the meeting place for the industry this year. On the second day of the fair, October 10, 2018, at 5 p.m., the moderated WGM business talk will take place between Thomas Reuther (TRIMET Aluminium SE), Rob van Gils (Hammerer Aluminium Industries GmbH) and Andreas Nickelsen (alpha metall GmbH). The day ends with the popular WGM stand party "WGM & Friends" with drinks, snacks and music.